giovedì 18 dicembre 2014

Imprinted by the Alpha (The Marked One Series #1 ) - Jocelyn Thomas


This is the first book of an ongoing serial and does contain a cliffhanger. 
This story is for ages 18+ and is not intended for readers uncomfortable with sexual scenarios.








Ava is drawn back to her hometown just weeks before her 21st birthday and she has no idea why. After meeting alpha wolf Caleb, she’s content with the small town living she’d known before, but her best friend Kelly will reveal Willow Falls is a town with many faces. 


When Ava’s mother reveals a secret prophecy, she is faced with a future far removed from the one she expected. 



She must navigate her new love while facing a responsibility she doesn’t feel prepared for. Whether she is ready or not, everything she knows about Willow Falls is changing - including her. 











I have never read any books by Jocelyn, but I was pleasantly surprised.
Ava had to return to her hometown of Willow Falls to take care of her mother. In order to make some money she returns to her former job at Coyote Bar & Grill were her best friend Kelly works. She also meets one of her bosses, Caleb.  As soon as Caleb looks into Ava’s eyes he imprints on her.

Every werewolf will imprint on someone in their lifetime. It’s involuntary and it happens the first time that werewolf meets the person. When it happens to us, the universe stops expanding, everything goes silent, and our minds clear. It’s like a gravitational pull that unconditionally binds the werewolf to that one person for life. Any other connections to other people are completely undone.”
Caleb and Ava have an instant connection.  Ava struggles with this connection throughout most of the story. It does get a little annoying because Caleb shows multiple times that he is trustworthy and basically in love with her.
“Ava, you should know that I’m here now to protect you. For as long as you still have a pulse, with blood pumping through your veins, I’m here for you. It’s my destiny now, and there is no turning away from it.”
Most of the plot is about the Ava and Caleb relationship,  but a majority of it is how Ava learns that she is something more than a normal human and how to deal with it.
Of course there is a cliffhanger.  I enjoy her writing but in some parts she gets to descriptive. She makes the heat between Caleb and Ava off the charts. When they do get together is phenomenal with the way she wrote it.
“Obviously, I’ve never made love to a werewolf before. That was amazing!!’
I give it 3 out of 5 stars. I did like it some much that I have to read the next one.


Imprinted By The Alpha (The...
by  book 1

A Scent Of Blood (The Marke...
by  book 2Published October 31st 2014

Of Enemies & Allies (BBW Pa...
by book 3Published November 13th 2014 






I am a wife to my high-school sweetheart and mother to two rambunctious boys. I love writing titillating stories about gorgeous sexy men and women. Aside from being an outlet for my creativity, being an author gives me the flexibility to be the mother and wife my family deserves.

I love to read paranormal romances as much as I love to write them. Paranormal romances are my favorites, but I'm into all kinds of books.In fact when I'm not writing (or carpooling and such) I will normally have a nice cup of coffee and my head buried in a book.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento