martedì 4 novembre 2014

Stepbrother Dearest by Penelope Ward

**Contains graphic sexual content and harsh language. It is only appropriate for adult readers age 18+

You’re not supposed to want the one who torments you. 


When my stepbrother, Elec, came to live with us my senior year, I wasn’t prepared for how much of a jerk he’d be. 



I hated that he took it out on me because he didn’t want to be here. 

I hated that he brought girls from our high school back to his room. 
But what I hated the most was the unwanted way my body reacted to him. 



At first, I thought all he had going for him were his rock-hard tattooed abs and chiseled face. Then, things started changing between us, and it all came to a head one night. 



Just as quickly as he’d come into my life, he was gone back to California. 



It had been years since I’d seen Elec. 



When tragedy struck our family, I’d have to face him again. 



And holy hell, the teenager who made me crazy was now a man that drove me insane.



I had a feeling my heart was about to get broken again.



Stepbrother Dearest is a standalone novel. 



Teresa's Review


Stepbrother Dearest is a beautifully crafted love story. Penelope Ward has written about life, pain and love in this intense and satisfying story. It is a page turner, it's sexy. It is confusing, it's somewhat angsty. It is heartwarming and heartbreaking! It is so much.

Our main characters are Elec and Greta. In the beginning, Elec comes to live with his father, stepmother and stepsister during his senior year of high school, while his mom is away. Elec is something else; he is full of personality! I have not enjoyed a book boyfriend this much in a while.

No need to tell you more plot details here, just that Elec and Greta grow up and the story moves forward, as you experience their lives. I loved it! No story of any genre is ever going to be perfect for everyone; however, this one was perfect for me!



QUOTES

“The "one that got away" was supposed to stay away, not come back and leave you all over again.” 
************************************** 
 “I never had a problem with the way you look at me. My issue is the way it makesme feel when you look at me: things I’m not supposed to feel, things I can’t let myself feel for you. At the same time …nothing felt worse than when you stoppedlooking at me, Greta.” 
************************************ 
 “I want to be the only one to show you everything and to be the one you'll always remember for the rest of your life.” 
************************************** 
 “He was hers. I was his. It. Was. Fucked. Up.” 
*************************************

 “I want to give you a choice depending on what you’re in the mood for.” “Okay.” “We can go find the nearest hotel, and I can make love to you in a bed or...” “Okay. Or?” “Or we can go outside right now and fuck hard in that alley.” 

******************************************

“Someday, he’ll realize he made a big mistake. He’ll show up here, you’ll be long gone, and the only bitch greeting him will be me.” 




Nessun commento:

Posta un commento