sabato 26 settembre 2015

The weekly American Cosmo Girl blog post

Hello everyone  - Ciao tutti!
I'm an American Cosmo Girl!  I am part Italian, but my my Italian language skills are too poor for writing, so I'm going to stick with English!  Reading and writing romance are my favorite things to do, so I'll be sharing with you things of interest having to do with just that.  One of my favorite sites is Goodreads, it is where I met Fidi Pigozzo, owner of this blog!  I really enjoy interacting with friends on Goodreads and updating my reading progress with comments.  If I am going to write a review, comments can be especially helpful.  If you are not already a member of Goodreads, check it out!


Twitter is my next favorite place to connect with other readers, writers, book bloggers, etc.  I regularly scroll through my Twitter feed looking for tweets regarding the latest books on sale.  One of my favorite authors to follow is Tiffany Reisz, @tiffanyreisz, RITA award-winning, best-selling author of The Original Sinners series.  She is funny and often responds to her followers.

This week I found myself in a little bit of a book slump.  My favorite books are dark romances. Some of my favorites include, King (King #1) and Tyrant (King #2), by T.M. Frazier, Tillie Cole's Hades Hangmen series and Nine Minutes, (Nine Minutes #1) and Out of Time (Nine Minutes #2), by Beth Flynn to name just a few.  I started a few books, but if you've ever been in a book slump, you know what I mean when I say that I just couldn't get into one!  I decided to try a paranormal romance.  I hadn't read one since the Twilight series!  I chose A Shade of Vampire, (A Shade of Vampire #1), by Bella Forrest.  It is the first in a series of eighteen books!  I am pretty sure I will read all of them, using them as kind of a palate cleanser to prevent book slumps!  Sounds like a plan!  I'm on my third in the series.  This week I have also read Forrest's, A Shade of Blood (A Shade of a Vampire #2), and I will finish A Castle of Sand, (A Shade of Vampire #3), tonight.  So far, I give each of these titles four stars.  One reason I can't rate them five stars is because I've noticed too many silly edits. Other than that, I am enjoying the love story between Derek and Sophia.  Also, Forrest has done a nice job creating such an interesting setting. It takes imagination to build another world with such vivid imagery!  I have not decided if I'll take a break and read something else before A Shadow of Light (A Shade of Vampire #4).  It depends on how #3 ends as well as what I find on Goodreads.  
I'm waiting for, Infini, by Krista and Becca Ritchie.  It is not dark, however, I will read anything the twins write, and that's a discussion I'll save for another time!  Additionally, I'm looking forward to Hidden Bodies (You #2), by Caroline Kepnes, which is dark!  I just looked it up on Goodreads and it's not due out until February 23, 2016.  
I'm fairly patient because book slump or not, I'll find something to read!
There is so much more to talk about! Audiobooks, book boyfriends, favorite authors, books that would make great movies, book trailers, what makes a great cover, do you judge a book by its cover? These are just a few things that come to mind, but for now I'll leave you with some photos to enjoy!




Who I picture as "my hero," way too much­ but can you blame me?



A place I'd love to read!




Really cool book cover!



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento