martedì 8 aprile 2014

Axel - Harper Sloan

AXEL ( Corps Security #1 ) by Harper Sloan
Note from the author--This book is intended for a mature reading audience and isn't suitable for younger readers. 

I'm not a big fan for eight-pack abdominal cover book , in fact it waited a while in my kindle. Recently I gave it a chance and I read it all in about two days, it's a short novel. Amazon / Smashwords
This is a typical kind of romance:
ex-marine alpha man - very sculputed body - amazing in bed - sweet and caring but possessive and rough
“Get over here and give your man some love.” 

The main characters are Axel ( how cool is this name??) and Izzy.
They were high school sweethearts, young and naive but they wanted to spend their future together. Then....life happended and they spent 12 years apart in anger and pain. Izzy was so lonely she married an abusive man, Axel felt betrayed and heartbroken convinced she abandoned him. Fate decided to let them meet again and give another chance to live the life they dreamed so much.
Even this is a cheesy romance, serious topic as Izzy's abuse is treated with intelligence.
She's a broken woman who accepts to live her life without true love and an everlasting hole in her heart. She has some really good friends though who want to help her and when she starts moving on, her husband doesn't want to let her go and a man she thought was dead appears in front of her.

Axel, a foster kid, chose a marine career in order to give Izzy and their future family all that would be needed. When he came back home Izzy has disappeared. He searched for her everywhere but then he convinced himself that she was not patient enough to wait for him.
When they meet again, they are not the same people they remembered. She's lost and scared, he's way more bigger and possessive.
“Process? What the hell is there to process? Where are you, Izzy? Not asking you again, and I am not fucking doing this text message shit like a goddamn prepubescent little shit.” 
Izzy needs some time to adjust having him in her life again but when she lets him in, hope and a stronger love she ever knew overwhelms her.
“Not one day went by Izzy that my heart didn’t belong to you. To this day there has only been one woman that has and will ever hold it. Fuck, baby but the love I have for you is so fucking strong sometimes, I wonder if it will crush me.” 

This is the first book of the Corps Security Series. During the story every characters we meet, Axel's collegues, have their overture which means there will be a lot of more novels to read! Some of them are already published!!! When the writer keeps the story interesting I don't mind to wait for another book. Need to be worth it though ;-) As I said before, this kind of romance setting is too common for my taste but it was a nice read, not oh-my-god-this-book-is-so-good kind of satisfaction but it is well written in an extra easy english, I am very sure to recommend it to all of you.

“Never again, Izzy West. I will never again let anyone take you from me, or anything from us.” 

There's a pleasant note from the author at the very beginning of the novel, it might be nice to read it because it will give you an idea how the writer inteded to address this book. You also find a complete playlist to listen during the reading!!!
"some songs mean more than others, some just made me smile and some made me feel"
Ed Sheeran - Lego House                    Ben Harper - Walk Away             Rihanna - Stay
Tic McMorris - Overwhelmed              Fall Out Boy - My song know what you did in the dark
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Can't hold us                                              Incubus - I miss you
and much more....







Nessun commento:

Posta un commento